Information We Collect and How We Use It
We may collect the following types of information:
- Information You Provide. We collect personally identifiable information ("PII") from you (such as your name and email address) only when you knowingly provide such information to us. We may request and process PII when you join our online community and create a user profile, respond to surveys, schedule a tour, or private event. Our use of such information varies with the type of transaction. For example, we may use the PII you provide to personalize the Museum's website or inform you of events.
- Surveys. The Museum, or a third party service provider acting on our behalf, may occasionally ask if you would like to participate in a survey or provide feedback about topics related to the Museum or the Site. Your participation in any such survey is entirely voluntary.
- User Communications. When you send email or other communications to us, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests, or improve our services. We may use your email address to communicate with you about the Museum or the Site, inform you of special events or promotions, provide you with a digital copy of our electronic newsletter if you joined our online community, or provide you with any other information you may have requested. Please note, however, that the contents of any email or other communication you send to us will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary.
- Website Usage Data. When you access our Site, our website servers may automatically receive and record Site usage information, including your Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser language, cookie information (as more fully described below), and the individual web pages requested by the web browser you use (collectively, "Website Usage Data"). The Museum may use Website Usage Data to analyze trends and collect statistics. The Museum may share Website Usage Data with third party service providers who provide services on our behalf (as described below), including for compiling and providing aggregate statistics about our visitors, traffic patterns and related site information..
- Cookies. The Site may use "cookies," or small data files that are automatically sent to your browser from our web server. If your Internet web browser is set to accept cookies, any such cookies will be stored on your computer's hard drive. We may use such cookies to enable certain Site functionality while you visit the Site and to analyze website usage behavior and traffic in order to improve our content and navigation based on our visitors' online behavior.
In connection with the information discussed above, you can take the following actions with respect to the PII you provide to us, or the data collected by our web servers as you interact with the Site:
- Online User Accounts. If you join our online community and create a user profile, you will be asked to select a user identification and password in order to access your user profile. Your user profile will be populated only with PII that you provide. You may login to your account and update the information you provide any time the Site is available.
- Communications Preferences. If you join our online community and create a user profile, you can "opt-out" of receiving email communications from the Museum. If you provide the Museum with your email address through other means you may receive email communications from the Museum (as described above), but if you do not wish to continue to receive such communications, you may "opt out" of receiving such emails by following the applicable instructions included in the email message or contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and including the phrase "Unsubscribe" in the subject line.
- Cookies. You may choose to set your browser so that it does not accept cookies. While many aspects of the Site will function without cookies, cookies may be required if you wish to login to your account and navigate the Site. For an optimal experience with our site, we recommend that you allow cookies.
Except as otherwise provided in this Policy, we do not share your information with third parties without your knowledge. We will not sell, rent, or share your information (such as name, email address, mailing address or credit card data) to third parties for marketing purposes without obtaining your prior express consent.
The Museum may engage reputable third party service providers in order to help us host and manage the Site, analyze web usage statistics, process transactions, and allow us to better respond to the needs of our website visitors. Such third party service providers may have access to the information governed by the Policy, however, the Museum requires its service providers to maintain the confidentiality and security of the information to which they are provided access, and restricts these vendors from using the information in any way without express authorization by the Museum.
We take appropriate security measures to protect the security of credit card or other sensitive data that you provide to us in connection with any donations you may make. We utilize encryption technology (such as Secure Socket Layer ("SSL")) in order to encrypt credit card data when in transit over the Internet or while it is in storage. Online giving and donations provided through the Site are conducted through a Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard ("PCI DSS") compliant web application which provides additional security and protection for sensitive credit card information.
Links to Other Sites
Walter P. Chrysler Museum
One Chrysler Drive | CIMS 488-00-00
Auburn Hills, MI 48326-2778 USA
Phone: 248.944.0439 | Fax: 248.944.0460
Or email us at:
This policy was last modified: January 30, 2013.
Back to top