about Collector's curb
Who: Chrysler-related Car Club Members’ vehicles are selected by a volunteer committee that includes members of local car clubs, to be exhibited in the Walter P. Chrysler Museum.
What: Collector’s Curb began January 2011 as a small exhibit to honor Chrysler related car club members. The Collector’s Curb program coincided with the Museum’s Unique Pairs exhibit. The Collector’s Curb series continues to grow with both car clubs’ and private vehicles that are exhibited at the Museum.
When: The exhibits were in place January – December 2011, and will continue January – December 2012.
Where: Collector’s Curb vehicles were placed in the lower level of the Museum - “Boss Chrysler’s Garage” - in 2011, and moved to the 2nd floor for 2012.
Why: To celebrate the club members and collectors who support the Walter P. Chrysler Museum, and the Chrysler heritage vehicles.
Themes and vehicles for 2011 consisted of:
- Modern Elegance – 1957 Imperial Crown Sedan
- Edgy Rides – 2002 Chrysler Prowler
- The Future is Now – 1950 Nash Ambassador Sportsman Camper
- Powerful & Mighty – 1967 Plymouth GTX “The Silver Bullet”
- Little Packages – 1960 Nash Metropolitan
In 2012, the Museum will feature two collector vehicles per theme to include:
- Imperial Aspirations – a 1957 and 1981 Chrysler Imperial
- Heavy Metal – a 1996 Viper GTS Viper and 1998 GTS-R Viper
- Mighty Mopars – Petty Replica Car and 1965 Dodge A/FX
- Dodge – Classic and Modern – 1926 Dodge and 1959 Dodge Royal Lancer
- Orphans – Plymouth and DeSoto – 1937 DeSoto and 1935 Plymouth
Please contact 248-944-0449 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Back to top